I’m a recovering perfectionist. I manage my household schedule, coordinate family gatherings, and bring friends together for meaningful fellowship.
For someone who enjoys having a well-defined roadmap, the disappointments of life quickly remind me that I am not in control.
Life rarely goes as planned, and I cling to God’s Word for wisdom in navigating the uncertainties in life.
God’s plans are the best for us and steer us in the right direction.
So what do we do when our best-laid plans become useless?
We can surrender to God’s will and trust in the certainty of God’s Word. Even when nothing goes as planned, the Bible provides numerous promises when we feel uncertain:
- For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29:11).
- We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps” (Proverbs 16:9).
- “he Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you” (Psalm 32:8).
- For God has said, ‘I will never fail you. I will never abandon you’ (Hebrews 13:5).
- When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you” (Isaiah 43:2).
As we move forward, let us continue to hold tightly to the restorative power of God’s Word.
When our thoughtful plans break down, let us look to God’s Word for the reminder that God is with and for us.
While we may not know all the details of God’s plans, we can know that He will never lead us astray.
*For deeper reflection, listen to Isaiah 43 today.
- Isaiah 43